Sunday, January 28, 2007

Memories of Pain... Or a tortured Brain??

Are my memories at all correct?
Was my vision so ever blurred?
That I once talked so incoherently, I seemed a slur?

Is my retention so utterly wrong?
That a period of life, I believe to have been crying,
I only was sighing.
Have my fragments of sparse memories,
Turned into haunting nightmares,
That never once existed,
Have the multitudes of poems, and stories I've written,
Only been about a tortured brain,
But nothing true,
Nothing sane.
Are my hopes and admirations,
Nothing my false dreams,
Because I've been told 1,000 times how it's impossible,
Unable to be seen.
Well tell me now, Broken Memory of mine,
Answer me Yes or No?
Is there a difference between a dreamer and a listener?
-Veer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmmm.... ummmmm... well.. ahem ahem.. u know veer am really missin my dictionary at this point.. lol.. i bet it was soundin much better on d fone when "Coleridge" himself read it out to moa.. he he..

Anonymous said...

"Are my memories at all correct?
Was my vision so ever blurred?
That I once talked so incoherently, I seemed a slur?
Is my retention so utterly wrong?
That a period of life, I believe to have been crying,
I only was sighing."
Hey Veer i really liked the way u've managed to write these lines.. The rhymin of "blurred" with "slur" n of "crying" with "sighin" has got a BIG WOW FACTOR!! and also the way you've arranged "correct" and "wrong" 2 opposites in the 1st n 4th line.. Great work indeed..

n yes there is a difference.. A Dreamer does NOT follow the guidelines, A listner does.. :) HOWZATT!!

Viral Thaker (vrlthaker@gmail.com) said...

Now thats what i call WOW!! Hey nice reply Anushka.. Am impressed.. ha ha.. Someone actually answered this damn question.. Monica's online.. lol.. she's scratchin her head off to understan what i've written.. ha ha ha.. ;D